Instructions for colonoscopy using Moviprep
Expect to be at the endoscopy center or hospital for 2hours.
- Please stop taking your aspirin, Plavix, celebrex, motrin, aleve, and other ibuprofen containing medications five days before your test, unless we instruct you otherwise. Do not use any of your regular medications on the day of your test, unless they are for seizures. You will be instructed on other medications to hold before your tests. Do not hesitate to call us with questions about your medications.
- Do not take your Coumadin/Warfarin for 5 days before your test.
- Do not take your diabetic pills or Insulin shots the evening before and day of your test.
- In preparation for your procedure try to avoid foods high in fiber for at least 5 days before the procedure. Some foods to avoid include: bran, whole grain cereals, all beans, raw fruits and vegetables, potato skins, nuts, raisins, corn, seeds and popcorn.
- Have a clear liquid diet on the whole day before, and day of your test. Clear liquids will include broth, clear juice, soda, jello (except red jello), black coffee, tea without cream or milk. You may drink clear liquids until two hours before the scheduled time of your test.
- Follow the instructions for the prep on next page
- After completing this prep, EAT NO SOLID FOOD. You may continue with a clear liquid diet until 2 hours before your test.
- REMINDER: YOU WILL NEED A DRIVER TO BRING YOU HOME AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE. PLAN ON TAKING THE WHOLE DAY OFF OF WORK/SCHOOL THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE.
- Please call the office at 910 353-6158 if you have any questions regarding your prep or procedure.
Instructions for MoviPrep:
Split-dose MoviPrep regime(for procedures scheduled after noon the next day)
The evening (between 3-5pm) before the colonoscopy, take the first liter of MoviPrep solution over one hour (one 8 ounce glass every 15 minutes) and then drink 0.5 liters (approximately 16 ounces) of clear fluid.
Then, on the morning of the colonoscopy, between 4-6 hours before your test take the second liter of MoviPrep solution over one hour. You may have to wake up early to drink this second dose. Drink an additional one liter of clear liquids at least three hours prior to the start of the colonoscopy. You should not drink or eat anything within two hours of your test.
MoviePrep consists of 4 separate pouches, 2 of pouch A and 2 of pouch B.
Preparation of the MoviPrep solution: MoviPrep solution is prepared by emptying the contents of 1 product A and 1 pouch B into the suitable glass container (or the container provided) and adding to the container 1 liter of lukewarm water. Mix the solution to ensure that the ingredients are completely dissolved. If the patient prefers, the MoviPrep solution can be refrigerated prior to drinking.