East Carolina Gastroenterology Endoscopy Center
Our state of the art endoscopy facility was opened in October 2006. It is situated right next to our clinic which is very convenient for our patients.
The endoscopy center is North Carolina State and Medicare certified as an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and we are accredited by AAAHC- a nationally recorgnized accreditation body. This accreditation ensures that our ambulatory care center adopts best practices in health care and complies with nationally-recognized standards. We provide deep sedation using Propofol administered by a Certified Nurse Anesthetist. This assures our patients a painless procedure.
Our patients experience less hassle, shorter waiting time with much less apprehension than they will experience in a hospital setting. We have very caring nurses and physicians that make our patients experience less stressful. 99.99% of our patients have been very satisfied with our care as reflected on our patient survey.
- Recognize the unique nature and problems of each patient and strive to meet their needs, in the safest way possible.
- Recruit and retain qualified, competent personnel.
- Deliver a safe, comfortable environment for patients, family members and staff members in order to provide optimum care.
- Educate our staff regarding pain management and pain control so that patients can expect a quick response to their pain.
- Have a continuous program of education for all nursing and ancillary personnel to ensure the delivery of quality of care.
- Maintain AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care), State and Medicare licensure.
Your endoscopy tests
Instructions for your tests
- Colonoscopy with Golytely, Colyte, Trilyte or Nulytely prep
- Colonoscopy with "Suprep"
- Colonoscopy with Miralax
- Colonoscopy with Magnesium Citrate
- Colonoscopy with Osmoprep tablets
- Upper endoscopy or EGD
- Hemorrhoids treatment by infrared coagulation
- Colonoscopy with Halflytely
Suggested diets before your tests