Our Mission and Goals
East Carolina Gastroenterology PA is a Gastro-intestinal disease clinic initially founded as Johnson Digestive Disease Clinic in 1996. East Carolina Gastroenterology Endoscopy Center is a state of the art gastrointestinal endoscopy Ambulatory Surgery Center opened in October 2006. Our clinic had performed office endoscopy for five years, but we obtained the state license and became accredited as an ambulatory center in 2006.Our mission as a Gastroenterology clinic is to improve the health of the community we serve by maintaining the highest possible standards in the practice of medicine. We are committed to the continual enhancement of the quality of care, and the quality of life of the people we serve.
Our mission as an Endoscopy Center is to provide the highest quality of care in the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy. We are committed to working closely with our patients, families, and other health care providers to ensure excellent, cost effective state of the art care. We will continually seek new and advanced ways of diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal diseases.
We are also committed to the advancement of medical practice through participation in clinical research.
Our goals as an ambulatory center include:
- Recognize the unique nature and problems of each patient and strive to meet their needs, in the safest way possible.
- Recruit and retain qualified, competent personnel.
- Deliver a safe, comfortable environment for patients, family members and staff members in order to provide optimum care.
- Educate our staff regarding pain management and pain control so that patients can expect a quick response to their pain.
- Have a continuous program of education for all nursing and ancillary personnel to ensure the delivery of quality of care.
- Acquire and maintain AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care), State and Medicare licensure.